Surf safely through your local network.
Maybe you already know that your web surfing, e-mail and chat sessions can easily be read by others – especially on your local network environment. It’s often pretty easy to monitor data traffic on hotel networks, hotspots, corporate and home networks as well as regional and national networks.
An encrypted VPN tunnel from your computer to a Swiss data center in Zurich, from where you can access the Internet. This ensures your Internet traffic crosses all wireless and wired networks safely and enables you to surf the web from Switzerland.
How to use SwissVPN
- Click on Buy and select the desired duration.
- Enter your payment information.
- You receive a server address, a username and a password.
- Use our instructions to set up your VPN connection on your cell phone, laptop/notebook or PC/MAC. It takes about three minutes and doesn’t usually require any software installation.
- Launch SwissVPN whenever and wherever you want to surf the web the Swiss way.
- Tunnel connections available via L2TP/IPsec, SSL VPN (SSTP), OpenVPN and PPTP/MPPE.
- Static public IP addresses available.
- Dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 available (not on all protocols).
- Public Swiss IP address, no NAT, no filtering, fully transparent.
- Back-end connection 45 Gbps, fully-redundant.
Comparison of VPN protocols
Although L2TP/IPsec is more secure than PPTP, this makes it a little slower.
SSL VPN (SSTP)
The protocol enables you to circumvent any firewall and connect at any time.
OpenVPN is a very secure protocol that is primarily useful for connections via mobile networks.
PPTP uses insecure encryption, but can be used to circumvent country-specific restrictions.